Now that you have found out how we got Buster, I need to tell you what a talented dog he is. After he grew up and puppy hood was behind him, I found out that he could talk. I did not understand him at first, because remember Buster does come from Canada, so he was speaking French. But a mother can usually always tell what her child is saying, and it works for Canadian dogs also.
Buster comes up to you and begins making low growling-like sounds in the back of his throat. It is really hard to describe this, but believe me, he is talking! When he is talking to you, he will back up if you reach for him. You can usually eliminate treats and bones, by asking "Do you want a treat/bone?" If that is what he wants, he begins jumping up and down and runs to where the treats and bones are kept.
Easter weekend in Bush, everyone was amazed when I understood what Buster was trying to tell me. He came up to me, began talking, and would not stop. That is when I knew what he was saying. Buster is always the first one to go to bed, and it was his bedtime. My friend, Reggie, brought him to the motor home, and Buster ran right in.
Now that we have Chloe, Buster talks for her also. My husband, Joe, put a cat door on the laundry room, big enough for Chloe but too small for Buster. If we had not done this, Chloe would always be out of food, and Buster would get into the litter box. Evidently Buster and Chloe talk to each other also because Buster lets me know when Chloe is out of food. He comes up to me, starts talking, and runs to the laundry room door.
So now you know about Buster's special talent, but I would love him anyway. He is always glad to see me, and he never gets mad when I say the wrong thing or something ugly. He does not care if my make-up is on or off or get disappointed when I gain weight. Where else can you get such unlimited love, affection, and loyalty?
Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Gotta love dogs. They are a lot smarter than some people give them credit for. Heck, even my turtle Ziggy is pretty smart.
Do you believe Yoda will be turning 9-years-old on Tuesday?
Post a Comment