
Buster is a very unique dog because he comes from Canada. The story of how we ended up with a dog from Canada is rather amusing. It all began when my dog of many years, Muffin, had to be put to sleep. A couple of weeks after this, I decided that I wanted a new dog. Well, of course, Joe was not too keen about this, but he gave in. We decided that we would get a small dog about the same size of Muffin that did not shed.
The search began. I entered non shedding dog on the computer and began to surf the internet. Eventually, I found this fabulous internet site that had purebred and mixed breeds puppies for sell. Pictures were available to view that showed you what the dogs looked like. Joe and I decided we wanted a Bichon-Shitzu mixed dog because, of course, they were the cutest, and they did not shed.
Phone calls to nearby pet stores were made, and I started looking in the paper. As many of you know, I am not a very patient person, and when immediate results were not reached, I decided to see what puppies were available on the neat website I had found. That is when I fell in love with Buster. I picked him out, gave him a name, and put him as my screen saver. It was at this time, that I realized that this breeder was in Canada.
I continued searching for a Bichon-Shitzu, but after what seemed like forever, but was actually a few days, I decided I had to have Buster! It was really easy. I paid through PayPal and the breeder put Buster on a plane headed for New Orleans. I picked him up in the freight area at the airport on my lunch break. After bringing his papers to customs and signing for him, I was able to hold him for the first time.
Now remember, Joe was not convinced that we needed another dog, but looking at the picture above, I think you'll agree that he changed his mind!
No comments:
Post a Comment