Friday, October 26, 2007

Poison Ivy

I noticed it first on Saturday
It began with an itch on my knee
Before I knew it
I was scratching with agony.

I treated myself through the weekend
With Benadryl and that yucky pink lotion
But taking Benadryl
Is like taking a sleeping potion!

That's when I knew
To Dr. Robinson I would head
I must have Poison Ivy
I realized with dread

The doctor gave me a shot of cortisone
Pills to take, plus some cream
I felt better immediately
Almost like a dream.

Now it's Friday
And the itch has come back
At 6 o'clock this morning
I had another attack.

First I needed to scratch my foot
Next I was scratching my knee
How quickly I had forgotten
How miserable I could be!

I jumped out of bed immediately
And grabbed a pill and my water glass
Hoping and praying
That my itching would finally pass.

I swallowed my pill and applied some cream
And watched as the time clicked by
But now it's twenty past ten
And I'm itching near my eye!

2 comments:

Carole said...

Oh my goodness! When did you get Poison Ivy? I remember when you had a bad case of it growing up. I had a case this summer. So sorry!

You should publish your poems.

Love your sister, Carole

Brett said...

Oh no! Hope you scratch that itch without it spreading.