Time to check off something else from my list. Today I attended church at Christ Church Cathedral on St. Charles Avenue in New Orleans. Michele and Adrian have recently moved close to the church. I stayed at their new home last night (October 13th), and the three of us attended the 10:00 service.
Christ Church Cathedral is the Cathedral of the Episcopal Diocese of Louisiana, established in 1805. The church exceeded my expectations. The stained glassed windows are breathtaking. The clergy is young and personable, and I was able to listen to and enjoy the sermon, which is not always easy for me to do. We stayed for coffee hour and had a nice talk with Steve, the canon.
After church, we headed to Ignatius, one of Michele and Adrian's favorite places. I had seafood gumbo and a Ignatius side salad. For dessert we headed to The Creamery, where I had Cream Cheese Ice Cream. Yum, Yum.
A very enjoyable day. Thanks Adrian and Michele. I can't wait to come back.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment