I started this entry in July but never finished. I know that it has some mistakes, but if I keep waiting it may be Christmas before I get it published.
Well the Wentworth girls have just returned from a week of travel. The trip began with Alice and Meredith leaving Burnsville, North Carolina, and driving to Carole's house in Alabaster, Alabama. Carole was a gracious hostess as usual. In our rooms was a candy dish with sugar-free candy for the dieters and fresh flowers along with a glass filled with things we might have forgotten or might need. The glass included things such as Kleenex, hand cream, a razor. Carole had thought of everything!
After one night at the Harrison Hotel, it was time to head to Hattiesburg, Mississippi for the Chi Omega reunion. We spent two nights at the Comfort Suites in Hattiesburg, sharing a room with my special pal, Margy.
Friday night we ate at one of Chi Omega's usual haunts, the Crescent City Grill. Saturday morning began with breakfast at our hotel, followed by lunch at Dean Meador's tearoom, Simply TeaVine, which was fabulous. So many Chi Omega's were in attendance, and there were many new faces. Our reunions just keep getting bigger and bigger. I even got to see my dear, sweet roomie, Sue Dickey.
After lunch we visited with Aunt Susan. While we were at her house, Susanne and Ed Hudgins dropped by on their way home from vacation in Gulf Shores. Debbie Johnson came over after nap time with her son. What a nice visit we had!
For dinner that night we picked up Pinky and headed to old downtown Hattiesburg. What a treat! Then on to Pinky's home where we looked at her baskets and ordered a few. I hated saying good-bye to Pinky since I hadn't seen her in a while. Her home had a good bit of damage from Katrina, but it looks great now!
The next morning we headed to the coast, stopping at the purse factory along the way. Alice and Carole bought polka dotted luggage, while I, of course, had to have a purse. After checking in our hotel, we rode along Highway 90 to view the Katrina devastation before driving on to Aunt Alice's house in Pascagoula.
The whole crew was there. It was great seeing cousins, Jimmy Dean, Jane, and Mike Murray along with their spouses, children, and grandchildren. By a simple twist of the arm, we stayed and had dinner. Dinner ended with Aunt Alice's delicious pound cake. Even though I was on a diet, I had to sample a piece of it with ice cream on top. We visited longer, took pictures, and headed back to the hotel.
New Orleans was our destination the next day but we had just one one more stop to make before we left the coast. We visited our cousin, Darryl, in his new home. Darryl and his wife, Amanda, lived in a FEMA trailer after Katrina because their adorable cottage floated down the street. More good-byes and finally on to New Orleans, where it didn't take long for Carole and Alice to see the state Louisiana is in and how long it would take to rebuild.
Our next and final stop was Mandeville. We shopped at my favorite grocery store before heading to my condo. It was so great to be home. I enjoyed showing off my new home and visiting with my neighbors.
After work Michele and Adrian came over, and we headed to Chile's to meet Steve, Nita, Kelsey, and Madison for dinner. Good food, fine wine, and family. Who could ask for more?
Amy and Brett couldn't make it for dinner but they got there as soon as they could. It was great to be with both of my children. The last time we were together was Christmas. Alice and Carole were so appreciative of everyone taking the time to come visit with them.
Well the next day we started our turn around, back to Carole's for one night and then on to Burnsville the next day. Who would think that you could accomplish so much and see so many people in one week? I'm already planning our next trip. Who knows, maybe we will head to New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment