Saturday, September 22, 2007

Sarge



My name is Sarge
And I would like to say
That Montana is the state
Where I like to play.

I live at Red Mountain Campground
With Ruth and Mel
Boy oh boy
Do they feed me well.

They feed me so much
That it sometimes make me gag
They're always
Bringing me a doggie bag.

I roam the campground
Going from site to site
Hoping that the friendly campers
Have left me a bite.

I love to chase gophers
And cool off in the river
The water’s so cold
That it makes me shiver.

One day I stuck my head in a gopher hole
And found a big surprise
A rattlesnake was waiting for me
And bit me between my eyes.

My nose and face began to swell
And I was feeling mighty bad
I think that was really the worst day
That I've ever had!

Now the time has come
We are about to head down south
I can already taste the crawfish
Melting in my mouth.

But I'll always remember the fun I had
During the summer of 2007
That's when I thought I had died
and ended up in heaven!

1 comment:

Ruthie said...

That's so cute!! One correction, though-it's Red Mountain Campground, instead of River. You are so talented!!! Sarge feels honored that you chose him for a topic!