I finish reading
and turn off the light.
I close my eyes and
say my prayers for the night.
But then I toss and turn
listening to the noisy clock.
I can't get to sleep at all
But Joe’s sleeping like a rock!
I try counting sheep
and get to thirty two.
But then I get bored with that,
what else is there to do?
I shut my eyes real tight
and try not to think.
I concentrate long and hard,
but I still can't sleep a wink!
Next I count my blessings,
and even though my list is long
this doesn't help me at all.
I wonder what I did wrong.
I haven’t had any coffee or
soft drinks with caffeine.
Could it be the sugar-free chocolate
that I was sneaking in between?
I decide I’ll just get up.
I can’t get to sleep anyway.
But gosh it’s only three o’clock,
that’s really early to start my day!
I brew myself a pot of tea
and get something to eat.
I give Chloe a hug and Buster a rub
Sometimes getting up early can really be a treat!
Saturday, June 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment