Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Christmas Wishes

Look at the presents
underneath the Christmas tree
I’m wishing and hoping
there’s a present for me!

Is it the small package
with the ribbon so red?
Could it be for me
or is it for Amy instead?

I see a bigger one
with a shiny ribbon of blue
I bet that’s my present
I hope it’s not for you.

I sent a letter to Santa Clause
and told him I’d been good
I’ve listened to my mom and dad
I’ve done the best I could.

I didn’t hit my sister
or my little brother, Chad.
I haven’t been an angel
But I really haven’t been bad.

I didn’t ask for very much
just two or three small things.
A new bike would be very nice
but I’ll still be satisfied with what Santa brings.

I can’t wait until Christmas
It’s my favorite time of year
I love seeing all the people
full of Christmas cheer.

No comments: