Friday, May 11, 2007

Why Am I Here?

I asked myself this question Friday at the Jazz Fest (May 4th) as I stood huddled with family and friends in the Miller Beer tent listening to the heavy rain and lightening above. At times it seemed the tent might come down on us all! It somewhat reminded me of Hurricane Katrina because we were filled with anticipation and concern over the weather. What one might consider a day of disaster turned out for me to be a day of fun. Thanks to Curtis we had somewhere to go during the rainstorm and free beer. Now believe me the free Miller Lites helped me to relax! I enjoyed drinking beer and talking to my daughter. Wading to the restrooms through big deep puddles of water didn't even seem to be that bad! Joe talked with his sons and Adrian, and we all had the opportunity to share Paul and Kelsey's first experience with Jazz Fest. We were out in time to hear two top-notched bands----Counting Crows and Better Than Ezra.

And as a final note, going to Jazz Fest on a Friday was on my list and now I can cross that out as it has been completed.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Counting Crows has always been one of my quasi-favorite bands, but I've yet to see them for myself. You're lucky!