This poem is dedicated to the late Bill Liggio, who also had "Casino Fever".
I've got it
Barbara too.
The thrill of the slots
will make our dreams come true.
We always think
that the very next pull
will be a winner.
We're such fools.
Money in,
Money out.
Listen you can hear
the people shout.
Excitement brews.
Anticipation follows.
We think this pull
will make us holler.
What fools are we
to throw our money away.
We could be saving
for a rainy day.
Will we ever learn our lesson?
Will there ever be a day?
When Barbara and Meredith
don't want to play?
But, oh, guess what?
We're not losers today.
They're giving away cokes
to all that play.
As we leave the casino
with our cokes in hand.
We say to each other
these cokes aren't that GRAND!
1 comment:
Dear Casino I miss you oh so far away
But every day that I'm away is money I ain't pissed away
Post a Comment