We were scheduled to camp there the Saturday and Sunday before or after Katrina. I can't remember which weekend now, but of course that weekend was canceled. Several of our friends were meeting us there, and some of us had tickets to attend the country concerts scheduled for that weekend.
As Joe and I talked to a guard at the campground, which is now Hollywood Casino, we discovered that the campground was covered with two to three feet of mud after the flood waters went down. According to the guard all of the electrical lines had to be replaced due to the salt water. The hotel next to the casino had about 20 feet of water rush through, but the structure was saved, renovated, and is now in use. The hotel, located closer to the campground, was torn down. The beautiful shower house was swept away, but has now been replaced. Joe and I didn't check it out; however, we assume it's as nice as the other one and will receive a "10" rating when we get a chance to check it out.
One thing remains the same. I can lose my money just as easily at Hollywood Casino as I used to at Casino Magic!
1 comment:
Sad site to see, but I still would like to be there.
Post a Comment