I'm bombarded from all directions,
confused and running scared.
That evil, dreaded word
keeps running through my head
With every minute twist
and even the slightest turn,
I find that dreaded word
at the peak of my concern.
I’m taking all precautions
doing what the doctor said,
but still that dreaded word
keeps running through my head.
It strikes when I least expect it,
when I’m out having fun.
I’m chatting with a new friend,
while soaking up the sun.
It leaves me feeling like a fool
It attacks without remorse
in the middle of a sentence
striking with such force.
Oh how I fear that dreaded word
That disease creeping up on me
I need everyone’s help
to fight this dreaded senility.
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad its just a poem.
It reminds me of a lady who was in a small group with me at a spirituality conference. She said, "I have MS (not really, it was actually the dreaded word) and I'm going to miss my mind. It was a good mind." And there was nothing to do but hold her in love.
Bet
How about... "That Dreaded Word" or "The Word I Dread" ...
Post a Comment