Friday, January 2, 2009

Life's Journey




I’m so busy making memories
Each and every day
I forget that I have work to do
As I travel along my way.

Smelling the fragrant flowers
Gazing at the forest full of trees
Enjoying the chipmunks and the rabbits
And running from the honey bees.

Sitting on the log cabin porch
And rocking in the chair
Taking deep breaths, yoga style
As I smell the mountain air.

Brisk walks in the morning
Naps in the middle of the day
Settling down with my favorite book
Watching the embers die away.

Dinner with friends and family
A game of dominoes that lasts all night
Feeling warmth from the glow of familiar faces
Giving thanks for a life that feels right.

Attending church on Sunday
Reading the Bible every day
Asking forgiveness for my many sins
Praising God throughout the day.

Praying to be a better person
Wondering what the New Year will bring
Living with a song in my heart
While waiting for my chance to sing.

4 comments:

Brett said...

Doesn't sound like work to me!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your having such i good time. Hope you lots of good times like that. Maddi

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your having such i good time. Hope you lots of good times like that. Maddi

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your having such a good time. Hope you lots of good times like that. Maddi