Rushing here and rushing there
with my heart going patter pitter.
All of the Christmas preparations
have me all in such a jitter.
I’m out of bows and wrapping paper,
I need more stamps for my cards.
I have several more presents to buy.
Why is getting ready for Christmas so hard?
I need to think about Christmas dinner.
Should I bake a turkey or a ham?
Cornbread dressing and cranberry sauce,
and I can’t forget the yams.
I decide I better settle down
and begin to make my list.
I don’t want to forget anything,
or let it go amiss.
As I sit back and begin to relax
in my comfortable arm chair,
I notice the exquisite nativity
on the mantle over there.
I ponder and think back
about that first Christmas Day
when Jesus, our Savior, was born
and in a manger He lay.
I return to my list
And think why such a rush
Christmas should be simple,
so I tell my mind to hush.
I get out the family Bible
turning to Luke, chapter two
to read about the first Christmas
and all that Mary and Joseph went through.
It seems that I may have lost perspective,
but I’m not sure where to start.
This one quiet moment in my chair,
has made a huge difference in my heart.
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i really like this one!! cant wait to see yall today!
I liked this one.
Psstt... Online shopping is the answer you seek!
I liked this one. It made me think of christmas agian. Madison
Post a Comment