Ranger Steve explained how the male and female eagle return to their nest each year and add to it. Last year the pair had two baby eaglets, so this year he's hoping for three. He added that the eaglets remain with their parents for approximately two months.
After viewing the eagle, we got another treat. Ranger Steve brought us to an old dead tree where a wise Horned Owl lived.
Below is a picture of the pine tree where the eagle's nest is located. Look closely and you will see a dark area on the right side which is the nest. I wasn't close enough to get a picture of the eagle, but I am going back.
Below the picture of the pine tree is a picture of the Great Horned Owl. Isn't he adorable?
2 comments:
That is amazing. What a great experience. After the approximate two months I'm assuming it's time for them to leave the nest and be on their own? Sue Nobles
I was going to ask if you got pictures. Hope you get close enough to get one of the eagle next time!
Post a Comment