Saturday, October 11, 2008

A Sharp Tongue

I started taking my antidepressant
every other day
and I’m saving 15 dollars
because I’m taking it this way!

But watch out my tongue is sharper
And my will power has taken a hike
Words keep spilling from my mouth
Maybe my tongue will go on strike!

I’ve asked my friends, “Can you tell the difference?”
And of course they all say, “No!”
But I realize they’re just saying this
Because they don’t want to see me BLOW!

Who knows what words would come out
If they admitted that they could tell.
My sharp tongue might lash out at them
Oh my dear friends know me so well!

1 comment:

Sharyl said...

Good morning, Meredith.

It has taken me awhile to review your website and virtually meet your family. Your poems are very thought provoking. After reading your profile, I was amazed at how much we have in common. I love Mary Higgins Clark books and the Cross mysteries by John Patterson. Right now I am into Sandra Brown and Lisa Jackson. We also have some of the same favorite movies. Getting up early before the rest of the household is one of my favs too. As I sit here drinking my cup of coffee its me and the dogs, sitting in the sunshine of the morning. I hope you are enjoying your weekend. We had an ECW meeting this week. Hope to see you Monday.

Sharyl