Saturday, February 23, 2008

Scattered

Sometimes my mind is so scattered
It jumps from here to there
It’s hard for me to focus
It’s not that I don’t care!

I start out at the computer
To balance my checkbook
Then I head to my email
Just to take a look.

I check out my favorite store Chico’s
Advertising jeans for nineteen ninety nine
I wonder if they might have my size
But then I notice Brett’s online.

I send him an Instant Message
And ask “How are you?”
But then I notice that Michele’s online
So I send her a hello too!

Next I happen to look at the clock
Where has my morning gone?
I tell Brett and Michele good-bye
And head for the telephone.

I need to call my doctor
But decide to check on Sue
But once again she’s not home
So I’ve got some emailing to do

Now I’m back online
And I happen to see
That my friend Marion
Has sent an email to me!

I open up the email
Just to take a quick look
But then I remember
It’s time for me to cook.

I head to the kitchen
To begin preparing dinner
But then remember my lottery ticket
I wonder if I’m a winner.

I head back to my computer
To find out if I won
But decide to play a game of Gin
Just to have some fun.

Before I start my second game
I run to make up the bed
I put on a load of clothes
And remember Chloe needs to be fed.

I clean out the litter box
And then I run to get the mail
I sit down at the counter
and discover a new bill from Dell.

I hear Joe at the door
But before he comes inside
I run to my computer
And quickly let it hide.

Joe asks what I've been up to
I say I've been busy the whole day through
I'm just getting ready to start supper
We're having chicken stew!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ain't that the truth!!!

Brenda said...

You said it all.