Monday, February 18, 2008

Bits and Pieces



1. Joe rode in Endymion (a New Orleans Mardi Gras parade) this year which gave me the opportunity to go to the Extravaganza, the party afterwards. The Dooby Brothers, the Go-Gos, and Kevin Costner and his band played. One more item can be crossed off my list.

2. I'm on a liquid diet today because I have to go for a Colonoscopy tomorrow. Yuck, yuck, yuck!

3. Joe and I leave for the Dominican Republic a week from today. We are meeting my sister, Alice, and her friend. Alice's husband, David, will join us later in the vacation. We will have one week in a RCI resort and then travel south to the area that David has been doing his missionary work.

4. For Lent I gave up Starbucks. I'm saving some money as I was having a sugar free vanilla latte 3 to 4 times week. Brett or Michele, how much am I saving a month?

5. I volunteered for the Mother's March of Dimes Walk on my street. I thoroughly enjoyed it as I got to meet a lot of the neighbors that I did not know, and to top it off I collected $74.

3 comments:

Brett said...

Wow. No Starbucks. I'd say you're saving about $50 a month.

Anonymous said...

I see the "Younger" girls didn't send you the memo about the lack dress.

Also, Kim B looked like she was having her usual good & crazy time.

Anonymous said...

Thas was BLACK dress not lack ... typo.