Monday, December 17, 2007

My Christmas List

As I sit to make my Christmas list
and think of things I need,
I realize that these are things I WANT!
Is this a sign of greed?

I think of all the hungry people
who really need food to eat.
A hot meal would be wonderful, but
even a slice of bread would be a treat.

It’s easy to turn your back
and look the other way.
But when you get to heaven,
what will God have to say?

I knew I needed to change my ways
and that I better do it quick.
I chose an angel from the tree at church
so I could play St. Nick.

I was beginning to feel somewhat better
so when I went to the grocery store.
I took a card off their Christmas tree
because I knew I needed to do more.

I like this feeling of giving.
Playing Santa Claus is a lot of fun.
I think I'll do it all year long.
I've only just begun.

2 comments:

Brett said...

Awww, that's sweet of you!

Carole said...

I love to do the Angel Gifts. We bought for a two year old girl and a two year old boy this year.

When I worked in the Central Office, we decided, instead of exchanging gifts, to adopt several children and buy gifts for them at Christmas instead. It was great!