Well, now I can cross the state of Ohio off my list of states to visit.
Joe and I recently had the pleasure of discovering the unique state of Ohio this July while we traveled the long way to our North Carolina cabin. We entered Ohio via Cincinnati, which I have nicknamed the “City of Bridges.”
Every time we go to a new state, in this case a new city, Joe and I select something interesting to do so that we can remember it later. In Cincinnati, we decided we would lunch on the riverfront; however, this did not pan out.
While looking for the perfect restaurant, a wrong turn brought us to Mt. Adams, a neat urban neighborhood overlooking the Ohio River. Our plans quickly changed; we parked the Pulse and took a walking tour of Mt. Adams followed by lunch in the motor home with Buster and Chloe before heading on to Columbus.
In Columbus, we elected to drive through a German village and enjoy a cold brew and appetizer in the Brewery District before looking for a campground on the outskirts of Columbus. The next day Joe and I headed north to Cleveland and Lake Erie. Our first stop was the Rock ‘N Roll Hall of Fame located on the waterfront. Our half-day visit did not do justice to this museum that is jam-packed with memorabilia, listening stations, videos, and documentaries.
Next stop was Marblehead peninsula and the Marblehead Lighthouse. We arrived in the evening and waited until the next morning before we took a short walk to the Marblehead Lighthouse State Park which provided an awesome view of Lake Erie. We then packed up and headed East to North Carolina. Our last stop in Ohio was Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen, located in Amish country, where we dined on Lake Erie perch.
Just a note to anyone that is interested-----three more states to go, Washington, Oregon, and Alaska.
No comments:
Post a Comment