Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Power of 10, Plus 3

In hopes of developing some resemblance of a routine in my retirement, I have developed Power of 10, Plus 3. This is how my little system works. First make a list of tasks that you would like to incorporate into your daily schedule. I tried to include tasks that would lead to a healthier lifestyle, but this list is up to the individual. If a task on your daily list becomes automatic, replace it with something else that you want to work on. Plus 3 varies from day to day and consists of three things that you need to accomplish on a particular day. My Power of 10, Plus 3 for tomorrow looks like this:

Power of 10
1. Wake up early—this gives me more time to do everything I want.
2. Daily Devotional—a wonderful way to start my day. Thank you Carole for sending me Upper Room.
3. Yoga—not a full routine, but daily stretches to keep my muscles in working order.
4. Jiggling George—the name of my Chi Machine. It improves my circulation and eases my back pain.
5. A Suduko puzzle a day—to keep my brain working.
6. Floss my teeth—needs no explanation
7. Clean the litter box—Chloe is so grateful!
8. Take extra steps throughout the day!
9. Make sure the kitchen is clean before I go to bed—it sure makes me feel better in the morning!
10. Write in my journal—there may be a poem in my head that I didn’t know about.

Plus 3
1. Go to the bank.
2. Dentist Appointment 1:20
3. Pick up mail forwarding form at the Post Office.

1 comment:

Brett said...

Now I know where I get my list-making from!