It appears I left a few things off my resolution list so I have resorted to prose.
The new year has come
and I need to get to work.
I will think before speaking
and avoid being a jerk!
I will go to bed earlier
and get up before Joe.
Then I can sneak in some computer time
and he won’t even know.
Exercise will become a way of life.
I’ll give ole George a wiggle.
have my morning cup of Yoga
and walk with a new found wiggle.
Limit my wine consumption
to only a glass or two.
Avoid chocolate, sugar, and ice cream.
That’s what I will do!
I need to limit my casino time
but "Cold Turkey" is not the way
I'm thinking once a month
should be enough time to play.
So I’m giving up all my vices.
What is there left to do?
Live, love, and laugh
and write my silly poems for you.
Communicate with family and friends
give to the poor
attend church regularly
and read my Bible more.
Boy, my list is getting long.
I have so much to do.
Can I keep up with all of this
before each day is through?
I think I’ll need to get some help
some guidance from above
encouragement from my family and friends
and everyone I love.
Wednesday, January 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This is my favorite part!
"Exercise will become a way of life.
I’ll give ole’ George a wiggle.
have my morning cup of Yoga
and walk with a new found wiggle."
Post a Comment