As the new year approaches, I'm thinking of how I can improve myself in 2008. I will turn 58 this year, and I have learned a few things during my lifetime.
1. One thing that I have learned is sugar is not good for me, especially the first thing in the morning. So, I will limit my consumption of sugar. This is a difficult thing to do since I am a chocoholic and I love ice cream.
2. I've also learned that I cannot stop eating chocolate once I have started. So what should this tell me. Stay away! I will do my best.
3. THINK BEFORE I SPEAK!!! Words can hurt and sometimes I speak before I think. Since I am brutally honest, this is definitely something I need to work on.
4. Continue to try and lose weight. I lost 10 pounds in 2007, and I plan on losing 10 more in 2008.
5. Talk to my friends and family more often.
6. Attend church regularly and become more involved in St. Michael's, the Episcopal Church we attend in Mandeville.
7. As one of my poems said, "I want to be Santa Claus all year long." I will definitely take advantage of all opportunities to give to others that are not as fortunate as I am.
8. And last, but not least, I will continue writing my poetry. It makes me happy, and I'm hoping that it brings a smile to the reader's faces every once in a while.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What about going to casino and spending toooooo much time on the computer??
You must have been reading my mind. Tomorrow I will post my update! I left off a few things.
Sounds like a good list!
Post a Comment