Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wishes Come True

Dedicated to Nita, the best four-leaf-clover finder I know.

I found a four-leaf-clover
and immediately thought of you.
I wondered if all your wishes
had finally come true.

Did you win the lottery?
Did you lose those 20 pounds?
Did your boss see your quality
when he was making rounds?

Did your children listen better?
Did your teenager show you respect?
Did your husband give you the attention
That you've begun to expect?

Did you spend quality time with your dad?
Did you hear from your long-lost friend?
Did all your many troubles
finally come to an end?

Did you pass your semester finals?
Did you finally graduate?
Did the cute guy next door
ask you for a date?

Did you get the new job you wanted?
Did your boss give you a raise?
Have you been healthy
for at least thirty days?

Did you take time to speak to God?
And thank him for your blessings?
He's the one who answers prayers,
but sometimes keeps you guessing.