I was on my way to see a friend
when I decided to make a stop.
You see I was looking for owl pajamas,
and it wouldn't take long to shop.
At Target I found the pajamas
and I quickly located my size.
Then I heard someone say my name
and saw him with my very own eyes.
In the middle of the store
Who do you think I saw?
Joe Moffett standing in the aisle.
We looked at each other in awe.
Joe called, "Margy come see who's here."
Margy turned and headed back.
She looked at me long and hard
as I stood next to the pajama rack.
Margy asked, "Meredith what are you doing here?"
I showed her what was in my hands.
When she saw those bright colored pajamas,
we both began to understand.
Great minds seem to think alike.
This was no chance meeting at all.
We were both looking for owl pajamas
in Metairie at the Clearview Mall.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a crazy chance meeting!!
Love this one--as I do all your poems.
Post a Comment