Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Memory From the Past

Walking home from school
with a bounce in my step
anxious to arrive home.

Finally the welcoming oak tree
comes into view
and beckons me home.

I race down the driveway
arriving at the side door
it slams noisily behind me.

I rush to the kitchen
and see Mother standing in front of the sink
wearing her favorite apron.

She turns to greet me
with a smile
on her face.

I dash to the stove
still warm from lunch
I call out to Mother

“What’s for dinner?”

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

You did a great job on the writing, but I personally have never enjoyed freestyle poetry. I prefer patterns and rhymes.

Anonymous said...

im no expert but i much perfer your old style in my opinion you are very gifted why change just my opinion every one has one

Anonymous said...

not a big fan of this style