The dentist smiles
And says, "Open wide!"
I open my mouth
But I really want to hide!
How I hate the sounds
Coming from the dentist’s chair
The grinding and grating
Is really hard to bear.
First comes the shots
He says, "Just a little sting!"
Oh, the horrible pain
That these little shots bring!
He doesn’t stop at one
Or at two or at three
But he continues on
To almost twenty-three!
Now my mouth is numb
And it doesn’t hurt a bit
I even snooze for a while
In the chair as I sit.
But when I wake up
I feel a little pain
My jaw is so sore
So I start "Raising Cain!"
Then the doctor tells me
That the shots are wearing out
He says, “Come back on Tuesday.”
How I wanted to shout!
But of course I say, “Sure!”
Now I have to go back
And I’m already beginning
To have another panic attack!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment