I've never known hunger
I've been so unaware
Of the despair in this world
Of the people who need our care.
As I walked through the barrio
And stumbled upon the path
I saw a different lifestyle
I felt their pain and wrath.
So little did they have
It's really so unfair
Their needs are very simple
Food, shelter, and clothes to wear.
Clean water to drink
Free of germs and E.coli
Without these things
They will surely die.
Can you spare a dollar
A ten or a twenty
Whatever you can give
Will help these people plenty.
My brother-in-law, Dr. David H. Johnson, is working as a missionary in the Dominican Republic, where he has started a water-hygiene project. The Dominican Republic has one of the highest infant mortality rates in the Caribbean. Out of each thousand births, 32 infants will die. It is estimated that 40 out of 1,000 children born do not live to see their 5th birthday.
One hundred dollars will pay for a water filtration system to be placed in a strategic position enabling several families the opportunity to filter their water. If you are interested in making a donation, send your checks, made out to St. Thomas Episcopal Church to the address below. All donations are tax deductible.
St. Thomas Episcopal Church
David Johnson/Dominican Fund
P.O. Box 591
Burnsville, N.C. 28714
Attention: Tom Bailey
No comments:
Post a Comment